Head, Not-for-Profit and Charity Law Group, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall
Ms. Megan Wallace is an Ottawa-based business law lawyer and the Head of the Not-for-Profit and Charity Law Group at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall. Megan was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2010 and the Bar of Alberta in 2015. Megan was a 2017 recipient of the Ottawa Business Journal/Ottawa Chamber of Commerce Forty Under 40 Award.
Ms. Wallace enjoys working with a variety of clients – ranging from corporations that operate across Canada to local family-owned businesses. She assists her business clients on a range of issues, including incorporations, mergers and acquisitions, financings and review of key agreements.
In addition, Ms. Wallace works with a variety of not-for-profits and charities on issues including compliance with governing legislation, governance and transactions/agreements with other organizations.
Ms. Wallace will be co-teaching the new Law of Cannabis class at the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law in January 2019.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta, 2015
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2010
- B., University of Ottawa, 2009
- A. (with distinction) in Sociology, Minor in Women’s Studies, Carleton University, 2002
- Director, Board of Directors of the Bytown Museum
- Director, Board of Directors of SafePet Ottawa.
- Former Chair and Former Director, Board of Directors of Youville Centre