Join Research Canada: An Alliance for Health Discovery
Our Value Proposition
Collaborative Advocacy Leadership:
Research Canada plays a unique role in convening Members, Partners and Supporters around positions that reinforce shared interests. Research Canada is a collaborative advocacy leader recognized for its influence and capability in convening, facilitating and, ultimately, brokering agreement across an increasingly diverse set of stakeholders.
Speaking with a Collective Voice:
Research Canada Members are part of a diverse multi-stakeholder alliance that speaks with a collective voice. Our alliance bridges the gap among the many constituencies within the health research and innovation ecosystem that bring different expertise, experience and interests to the table. In a climate of competing priorities, health research and innovation ecosystem stakeholders need to send a clear and consistent message to government.
Evidence-Based Advocacy Messages:
As a Member of Research Canada, your organization is provided with health research and health innovation advocacy messaging based on sound evidence derived from research including polling data. Research Canada is committed to working with its alliance of Members, Partners and Supporters to ensure that our analytical capacity is increased, and that we capitalize on initiatives already underway.
Any organization may join Research Canada provided:
- It supports the mission, vision, goals and objectives of Research Canada.
- It operates at arms length from government (that is, it is not a government agency).
- It pays the prescribed annual membership dues.
- Research Canada’s Board of Directors approves its application for membership.
- As set out in Research Canada’s By-laws, only organizations are eligible for membership in Research Canada, not individuals